Wednesday, March 23, 2011

07 Sienna XLE Ltd. Rear Powerlift won't close with remote or interior button



HELP!!! New here! Just bought a used Sienna loaded with 30 kilometres on it! LOVE the van but have a problem just after the second week of owning it.



I went to close the rear power liftgate this week with the remote and it didn't do anything. I then tried my second remote and same thing... nothing. I went into the van and pressed the botton on the ceiling by the sunroof switch and it didn't close the back door either. When the rear door is closed and I press and hold the remote or interior button, the rear liftgate opens. I tried the on/off switch on the dash for the back door and then tried it again. Nothing works to get it to close except manually pulling it down. When it's closed all the way, the small motor draws it in tight still.



I know I can take it to the local Toyota dealer but am worried they will say something like I need a new motor etc. I've been reading and reading through posts with some who've had the same problem but no one ever follows up with what the issue was.



Any help on this would be GREATLY appreciated!

Reply 1 : 07 Sienna XLE Ltd. Rear Powerlift won't close with remote or interior button



That's 30,000k

No comments:

Post a Comment