Friday, March 25, 2011

hissing under dash



my 1999 solara V6SE has developed a hissing noise under dash recently, the hissing only happen with engine running, but as soon as i tap on the brake lightly, the hissing stopped, and as soon as I take my foot off the brake pedal, the hissing returns, apply brake, no hissing, the hissing noise sound very similar to A/C compressor running, or power steering, but i know AC or power steering were not running at the time.



i can only hear the hissing in my driver seat when engine running, i tried to pop the hood and listen near the brake booster area, but seems like the engine running noise shadow the hissing noise that i heard in my driver seat.

what is failing?

brake booster diaphram? push rod seal???

Reply 1 : hissing under dash



I'm probably wrong but maybe a crack in vacuum lines, mainly brake booster hose.

BTW how many camry/solaras do you have, haha?

Reply 2 : hissing under dash



you have a snake under your dash lol

i would check all your brake/vaccum hoses for damage and replace them

sean

No comments:

Post a Comment