Saturday, March 19, 2011

2010 camry 2.5 cold air intake



Hi guys,

I'm looking to get either a CAI or just an aftermarket air filter for my 2010 camry SE 4 cycl. Anyone knows what a good brand and where to get it?

I couldn't find one on ebay. Does it help a lil withMPG?

Thank you!

Reply 1 : 2010 camry 2.5 cold air intake




Quote:








Originally Posted by 2010whitecamry
View Post

Hi guys,

I'm looking to get either a CAI or just an aftermarket air filter for my 2010 camry SE 4 cycl. Anyone knows what a good brand and where to get it?

I couldn't find one on ebay. Does it help a lil withMPG?

Thank you!



just go to your local pep boys or auto zone, and get a K&N air filter and re-charge kit. should run you under $80. i have seen an increase of about 1.5 to 2 miles per gallon. i too have the 2.5, but an LE.......



as of right now, there isn't any cold air intake, that i can find either.

Reply 2 : 2010 camry 2.5 cold air intake



CAI's really aren't good for anything except looking cool and sounding cool. You are almost never going to get the claimed "15+ HP gain" or whatever. At most you maybe will get a 1-2mpg gain but even that is optimistic.

Reply 3 : 2010 camry 2.5 cold air intake




Quote:








Originally Posted by canderton01
View Post

CAI's really aren't good for anything except looking cool and sounding cool.



Most mod's here are in that 'none performance' category. Good enough for me.

Reply 4 : 2010 camry 2.5 cold air intake



K&N and Fujita for the 2.4l works with our 2.5l. I emailed Fujita about it in the past and went to the K&N factory in Riverside for a tour so I looked it up in the warehouse

Reply 5 : 2010 camry 2.5 cold air intake



go fujita with injen hydroshield/bypass flap. best sound, best look, and best performance supposedly on the track.

Reply 6 : 2010 camry 2.5 cold air intake



K&n

Reply 7 : 2010 camry 2.5 cold air intake



FUJITA CAI CA-3318 for Camry I4 Fujita never go wrong, K&N still lose power can get Heat Soak even with the heat sheild

Reply 8 : 2010 camry 2.5 cold air intake



For the 2.5 (2010 and above), the existing K&N SRI kit for the Camry I4 will not work. I've tried and I've returned the product. The filter nudges the hood by a little bit, the heat shield will not fit whatsoever, and the tube does not sit level on the TB, instead, it sits angled and can scratch up the outside of your TB..



Not a lot of light on this one.. but I like the filter, non oiled! Also, apparently you can swap between SRI and CAI whenever you want.



http://www.advancespeedshop.com/take...p-p-15305.html

Reply 9 : 2010 camry 2.5 cold air intake



11LE i right the best bet is the takeda from what i seem and heard from my friends that is a good intake cause it is interchangeable btw CAI and SRI, in SRI Mode is angle so perfect unlike others it gives the space for you to work around it and room if you choose to add a turbo in the I4

Reply 10 : 2010 camry 2.5 cold air intake




Quote:








Originally Posted by eyezack87
View Post

K&N and Fujita for the 2.4l works with our 2.5l. I emailed Fujita about it in the past and went to the K&N factory in Riverside for a tour so I looked it up in the warehouse



Ok just so that I'm understanding this right the Fujita for the 2.4 will work on a 2011 2.5? Has anyone tried this

Reply 11 : 2010 camry 2.5 cold air intake




Quote:








Originally Posted by SoUtHsIde_ChI
View Post

Ok just so that I'm understanding this right the Fujita for the 2.4 will work on a 2011 2.5? Has anyone tried this



+1

I wanna know as well

Reply 12 : 2010 camry 2.5 cold air intake



+2

Reply 13 : 2010 camry 2.5 cold air intake



It may. I can only confirm the K&N will not. I say the fujita may because it doesn't have a heat shield and looks simpler in design. Although.. one of the various issues I ran into when I tried to use the 2.4 SRI was that the cone element hit the hood when you closed it, and to prevent it, the whole assembly of the SRI had to be offset, causing potential damage to throttle body and an insecure mount.



Where's the love for the 2.5.. :/

Reply 14 : 2010 camry 2.5 cold air intake



And now let me bring a soar note here. If instead of mpg you will use gp1000m (Gallons per 1000 miles) for the better understanding, with the increase from 26 to 27 mpg you will get 38.46 and 37.03 gp1000m or save just 1.43 Gallons per 1000mi - does it pay ? And for the highway from 33 to 34 mpg you will save just 0.89 Gallons per 1000 miles. Trust me, you will save more by driving less aggressive.

No comments:

Post a Comment