Wednesday, March 23, 2011

95 Avalon Car Audio Sound Quality



Hi all...I just had a new audio system installed in my 95 Avalon and it does not sound good...here's what I had installed:

Pioneer DEHP690UB Head Unit

Polk DB5251 5 1/4 components in the front door

Polk DB690 6x9's in the rear deck

and Alpine MRPF550 amp in the trunk



The 6x9's sound good (except they are a little over powering the 5 1/4) but the 5 1/4 components do not sound so good at higher volumes. Also, I had a window tinting/car audio store that I did not buy the equipment from do the install. Do you guys think I need to tinker with the gain or do you think baffles would help the components in the front door?



I appreciate your comments.

Reply 1 : 95 Avalon Car Audio Sound Quality



I personally have 5 1/4 components at the front of my car. They sound pretty good to me, even at the higher volumes. At maximum, they do distort a little, but I think that's because my amp is a little strong for my fronts.



I didn't put any baffles on my speakers. Just put them in the original opening and used some long wood screws to hold them in. I have to re-adjust one, though, because I had to kinda force the door panel back on the passenger front. Just a matter of angling the speaker right.



I can't be too sure of what's wrong with your setup, though. What exactly doesn't sound right to you? Distorted? Too quiet?

Reply 2 : 95 Avalon Car Audio Sound Quality



"Does not sound good" is pretty vague, for starters try turning down the gain on both/all amplifier channels. If the rear is overpowering the front, then turn down the rear's amp channel



Its always better to compensate by adjusting the volume/gain down, not up.



If the distortion is gone, which I presume is the problem then proceed with something like this :





Turn off all equalizers, bass/treble enhancement stuff.



Turn the amplifier gains all the way down.



turn the head unit to 75% volume



Begin adjusting the gain on the amplifiers until you hear distortion out of the speakers.



Done!

No comments:

Post a Comment