Saturday, March 19, 2011

HELP! Door panel won't go back on!



So I took my driver's side door panel off today to fix some rattling. Fixed the rattle, now I cannot for the life of me get the panel back on!! The two clips I am having the most difficulty with are the two towards the front. Any tips/tricks on how to get the panel back on?! I already broke one of the clips in the back...



Thanks!

Reply 1 : HELP! Door panel won't go back on!



Check for bent or broken clips first and foremost.



Whenever I've taken the door panels off I start at the top and work down. The panel actually kind of hangs on the inner door metal then get's clipped into place. So with the window up, take the top of the panel and lean it towards the glass while bring it down towards the top of the inner metal area. It should catch and hang there. Keep one hand holding the panel at the top and push on of the clips in at the bottom. The rest should be easy after that.

No comments:

Post a Comment