Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Amsoil Manual Transmission fluid rules (So far)



Yesterday I drained my manual tranny and transfer case and refilled with:



Amsoil Synthetic Manual Transmission and Transaxle Gear Lube (75W-90) API GL-4 :



No cold shifting yet but I am shocked at the difference. My 09 TRD o/r has always shifted a bit funky. My 05 was the same way and I think the 09 was a little worse. Sometimes it just acted like I don't know how to drive a stick. Very finicky shifts and just odd behavior that I can't really put my finger on. I'm not referring to the revving with the clutch in thing either..Just funky shifting..



Anyway, that is all GONE with the amsoil in there. I'm shocked. I would have done this long ago if i had known it would have been this big of a difference.



So, if your MT shifts a little funky maybe all you need is some new fluid..



we'll see how it performs when cold, but i'm sure it will be fine.

Reply 1 : Amsoil Manual Transmission fluid rules (So far)



I changed mine out about 4000 miles ago. I noticed right away how much smother the shifts were, and quieter as well. I put amsoil in all the way around but used the 80-90 with friction modifier in the rear diff (LSD) and have not had a single problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment