Sunday, March 20, 2011

What do you guys feel about "bras"? On cars. ;)



I noticed a few little tiny rock chips around the front of the hoods edge, and I want to prevent more because I know they can lead to rust over the years. I found a few bras on eBay, and one that caught my eye is a "magnetic bra". It's not as UGLY as a regular bra is, it's just a plain black cover that sits on the hood, and magnetically sticks to it (it also hooks around the hood for high speeds)



Do you think a bra is a good thing to put on to keep the hood nice? Or do you think they are too ugly? I guess appearance doesn't matter to me as much as keeping it free of rock chips. I don't even know why I started a whole thread about this, but I just wanted to get some opinions.



I also want to get smoked tint film for the rear tail lights. I think that would look good. I'm no ricer , I just think the smoked tails would look good with the Phantom Gray paint.

Reply 1 : What do you guys feel about "bras"? On cars. ;)



Bras are perfectly fine as long as they're clear.

Reply 2 : What do you guys feel about "bras"? On cars. ;)



I was thinking of going that route, but over time cant the clear bras yellow, or generally become discolored? Not only that but couldn't it eventually peel due to the elements?



I dont think bras are that ugly, especially on a Corolla. They'd be ugly on a high performance vehicle, or luxury, but an econo-box such as the Corolla, in my opinion, would look okay with it.



But thanks for the suggestion, maybe i'll look into it. Is it hard to install yourself?

Reply 3 : What do you guys feel about "bras"? On cars. ;)



You generally get what you pay for in terms of quality. I've read good reviews about 3M bras.



You can get use Plexus periodically which is a cleaner/conditioner for plastics to keep the bra clear.



Installing your own bra is like trying to tint your own windows, I would leave it to the pros.

Reply 4 : What do you guys feel about "bras"? On cars. ;)



Thanks for the info. Although I might just end up getting a magnetic bra. I don't mind the look. And for some reason, a thin plastic film doesn't seem as protective as a thicker rubber material.



And I actually installed tint on my last Corolla. Rear and front side windows. Lasted 3 years before it started slightly peeling in the back, and it was because I didn't put the edge far enough down, and it started to get caught on the rubber seal on the window towards the bottom. I prefer to do things on my own, saves a lot of money and it's fun to me. However there are things that I don't do on my own.



But I actually might get tint on my newer Corolla, and because it was a little bit of a hassle on the last one, I might go the professionally installed route. Just because I have such a hectic work schedule now-a-days.

Reply 5 : What do you guys feel about "bras"? On cars. ;)



Clear tape strip is the way to go.



Leather one's are a big no-no.

Reply 6 : What do you guys feel about "bras"? On cars. ;)



I do not like the looks of the bra but it works great.

Reply 7 : What do you guys feel about "bras"? On cars. ;)



I like bras just like bras on women...off : )

No comments:

Post a Comment