Monday, March 21, 2011

Water under passenger side floor



When it rained yesterday I noticed my front passenger side floor was damp. I looked under the car and found a small round hole about 2 inches wide exposing my carpeting. I then looked under the front driver side floor and noticed in the same place there was the hole except the driver side had a rubber cap that was closing it so no water could get in. Clearly this is where the problem was so, I called my nearest toyota/scion dealership to see if they had that small part which unfortunately they said they do not carry nor did the other dealerships. I'm at a loss of where to go to next as I called two different dealerships to find out where I might get that rubber plug I was speaking of and they said they did not know... I tried searching online for a bit to no avail.



If anyone knows where I might be able to buy this rubber plug online or onsite at a store I would greatly appreciate it.

Reply 1 : Water under passenger side floor



I think this is the part number you need: 58136-52010. You might try metrotoyotapartsnow.com or toyotapartszone.com.



Scionlife.com can give you access to parts pictures for the xA. I looked at "Floor Pan and Lower Back Panel" for this part. But there is also a page for "Hole Plug" that might be for what you are talking about.

Reply 2 : Water under passenger side floor



Thank you so much for your help! I was able to look up the part with the websites and search topics you provided. I ordered it and can not wait to plug this hole back up! Until it gets here I have a thick plastic liner I put inside it to keep any water out lol. Seems to be working well as a temporary solution as no water has come in and soaked my floor from the rain.



Once again I can't thank you enough for your help! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment