Thursday, March 17, 2011

3S-FTE Build Journal



So I've been getting a lot of mixed opinions from people about this, but it is going to happen!

I will be boosting my 3SFE that is in my 1991 Gen2 Toyota Camry plus some other things...

I call it the 3S-FTE

Here are the list of parts/mods:

-MR2 CT-26 Turbo at 7 psi.

-3S-GTE Exhaust Manifold

-3S-GTE Oil Pan

-3S-GTE Downpipe

-Mishimoto FMIC

-APEXi SAFC Neo

-HKS SSQV BOV

-Custom Turbo Back Exhaust

-Autometer or GlowShift Gauges



-Intrax Lowering Springs 1.5''

-KYB Gr-2 Struts



-JDM Yellow Fogs

-6000K HID's



I will be posting many pictures once the progress begins. I'm doing something that has only been done a few times in the past and please keep your criticism to yourself!



I'm aware that it is a Camry. It isnt an STi or an Evo, but its what i have to work with, and i like the car. Im known to always build things that not everyone knows about or has (my K5), so bear with me here!

Be patient, it will take time!



Mike









Update 5/20/2010

Well i got my first box in from Summit Racing. Nothing Major.

Just a Bosch Distributor cap, Bosch Wires, and a Painless 70A fuse and power wire for the 140 amp alternator coming in.

Quite the upgrade from the little 70 amp.




Reply 1 : 3S-FTE Build Journal



Thats gonna be a nice sleeper. Interesting build. I'll be sure to stay tuned.

Reply 2 : 3S-FTE Build Journal



Where did you find a 140amp? I need one because im running large amounts of wattage for my car audio system and all i can find is a 180amp by iraggi alternators and its $330

Reply 3 : 3S-FTE Build Journal



Always love a sleeper. The surprise factor when something that looks like a stock grocery getter blows their doors off is worth the expense and aggravation.

Reply 4 : 3S-FTE Build Journal



Nice job dude. Looks clean . Keep up the good work!

Reply 5 : 3S-FTE Build Journal



That car looks sick!! I'm staying tuned to this!!

Reply 6 : 3S-FTE Build Journal



Are you going to use a sandwich plate or tap the oil pressure sensor line for the turbo oil feed?



I'm junking the ECU and running a parallel setup with MegaSquirt for my future project (still planning).



I'd get new injectors if I were you, top feed injectors (remember that).



One thing you might take note of, these N/A fuel pressure regulators look for negative pressure (engine under load) to release more fuel in. Running 7psi... opposite. Not good considering you'll probably be leaning out at WOT from stock injectors.

Reply 7 : 3S-FTE Build Journal



Did this build happen ?

Reply 8 : 3S-FTE Build Journal



nope. got put on serious hold.

i lowered the car on intrax springs and did some other little things to it since this.

but i have also bought a 3000GT. Im doing a full suspension in May and TT conversion throughout the summer and fall. soo boosted camry is getting put on hold so that it can remain a DD for when the 3000GT is apart.



-Mike

1 comment:

  1. Great post! I am actually getting ready to across this information, is very helpful my friend. Also great blog here with all of the valuable information you have. Keep up the good work you are doing here. bmw wheels

    ReplyDelete