Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Blown Speaker



Bought a 2009 Camry SE w/ the JBL sound system back in March and just the other day had a speaker rattle on me. Since have realized it's more than likely blown. Not sure how, don't listen to loud music at all but oh well.



Was wondering, what's the best way to go about this. Call up toyota and can they order a part for me? Or...?



Thanks for you help guys.

Reply 1 : Blown Speaker



eBay or the for sale board here would be the least expensive way to do it. Either that or invoke your warranty.

Reply 2 : Blown Speaker



Probably a good idea to replace the pair.

Reply 3 : Blown Speaker




Quote:








Originally Posted by Kenny_McCormic
View Post

Probably a good idea to replace the pair.



How would I go about this? I don't know much, if anything, about a car sound system. It

s the JBL system... 8 speakers I think.

Reply 4 : Blown Speaker



How many miles are on your vehicle? If it is less than 36,000 miles, you might be able to get it repaired under warranty.



One of my rear speakers blew about six months ago- and my dealership repaired it under warranty- as I rarely blast the music or turn the bass up past one or two.



Good Luck.

Reply 5 : Blown Speaker




Quote:








Originally Posted by 98CamryLE
View Post

How many miles are on your vehicle? If it is less than 36,000 miles, you might be able to get it repaired under warranty.



One of my rear speakers blew about six months ago- and my dealership repaired it under warranty- as I rarely blast the music or turn the bass up past one or two.



Good Luck.



Has about 10,000 miles. About 9 months old. I don't listen to loud music and the bass has been at -1 the entire time. Not sure how I did it but I did.



I'll talk to the dealership.

Reply 6 : Blown Speaker



I have to agree, take it back to the dealership. This should be covered under your warranty. 36,000 mile bumper-to-bumper means just that.



Mike

Reply 7 : Blown Speaker



Hey guys. Just going through some old threads.



Took it back to the dealership and they replaced it no problem. Haven't had a problem other than than that.



Looking into modding some stuff now. Probably going to change out the rear lights for LEDs.

No comments:

Post a Comment