Friday, March 18, 2011

Can't get my front rims off!!!!



'87 'Yota 4x4 pick up, 22R engine. Have not had front mag rims off for about 2 years, so decided to do front brakes, and undid all wheel nuts, off, then, rim will not come off! Sprayed with WD 40, but buddy says that is just kerosene in an aerosol can, so tried a product called.."MOVEIT", and go out at regular intervals, and 'smack' tire, which is off ground on jack stand, as I rotate wheel. I am using a 5 lb sledge hammer, but am starting to feel like this is "Fred Flinstone method"!! Any help from any one who has experienced same? Perhaps a better way?

Cheers

Syd

Reply 1 : Can't get my front rims off!!!!



LMAO

I have the same problem with the wheels on my Trooper. Once you beat the f out of them and get them off, get a bottle of anti-seize and coat the wheel mounting surfaces so it won't happen again.

No comments:

Post a Comment