Thursday, March 17, 2011

Dealer items = ROFL



So I got a set (4) of used toyota SR5 alloys from a junk yard (with center caps!) for $80.



they're mounted on some bald tires that i'm going to take off...its a shame because they're 31s and would be nice to have.



anyway. I picked up these gems for $80 right? not a bad deal considering they're in fantastic shape.



However, right now I have the stock Steely rims which apparently use a different lug nut.



I called over to our lovely Toyota dealer just to see how much it would be for 24 lug nuts of that type...



$140.00!!!!!! FOR LUG NUTS!!!!



which, as you know is almost double what I paid for the rims. I laughed and said "no seriously?" and she said "why yes, and that is with your 10% holiday discount..."



needless to say, I called the junk yard back and they gave them to me for free...



Pedersen Toyota, you can burn in hell. lol

Reply 1 : Dealer items = ROFL



Hey, you can try some of our supporting vendors on our forum mainpage, they sell OEM Toyota parts for way cheaper than your local $tealer, give them a try and I bet they can beat that price by a mile. What a ripoff!

Reply 2 : Dealer items = ROFL



trivletrav,



You will find that going after market will still cost you about $100. So your lesson is learned. When you purchase alloy rims from the junkyard or private individuals you need to get the lug nuts and caps or it will not be a good deal. Because, as you have found out they are not cheap. Be glad that your junkyard was able to come up with the proper lug nuts. The lug nuts on those rims are special.

No comments:

Post a Comment