Thursday, March 17, 2011

P0441, P0442, P0446 and rough/low idle...



Hey guys, noticed my 05 auto xA idling a bit rough about a month ago. A few times, it even felt as if it were about to stall at a red light. I cleaned the TB and added some fuel injector cleaner to the tank and the idle seemed to get a little better, but still is a bit rough, especially with the AC on (about 400-500 rpm's at its lowest) it does seem to fluctuate as I sit there in gear. A few days ago I got a CEL and took it to autozone to get it checked out. The codes they pulled were P0441, P0442, and P0446. A quick google search had me thinking I just knocked a vacuum hose off or something, but I checked every hose several times and can find no issues. I am dead broke, and my manufacturer warranty has expired (i'm at 73k) so I am trying to make this a DIY fix. Oh, and about 3 years ago I had the Idle air control unit replaced under TSB when it was giving me the same kind of idle problems, but hell...a $250 part CAN'T have a measly 3 year life span...can it? I remember cleaning the IACV in my last two cars when they had idle issues, can the same be done to this one?



Thanks in advance for any advice!



Edit: While going through my old post, it looks like my IAC problem a few years ago pulled a code of P0505:

Idle Control System

Malfunction



Different codes...I'm stumped

Reply 1 : P0441, P0442, P0446 and rough/low idle...



To any poor soul spending countless hours trying to google these three codes like I did, click the link for the fix (read post #6 and on)



http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/sh...d.php?t=363225

1 comment:

  1. Took me time to read all the comments, but I really enjoyed the article. It proved to be Very helpful to me and I am sure to all the commenters here! It’s always nice when you can not only be informed, but also entertained vw rims

    ReplyDelete