Friday, March 18, 2011

Pictures of base model



Hi,

I'm new here.

I'll be looking to purchase a new family car later this year and since a van would give me boatloads of space compared to a 4 cylinder compact SUV for 1,500$ more, I told myself... why not!.



I'm interested in the base V6 model but every review and documentation I find is for the LE or higher trim levels.



Is there a fellow van lover here who owns a 2011 base V6 model and could post a few pictures of the dash and the exterior. I'd really like to see what this car would look like without all the bells and whistles of the higher trim levels.



Even my local dealer doesn't keep a base model on hands.



Thanks

Reply 1 : Pictures of base model



Welcome kowell,



Unless you need the extra torque of the V6 the Sienna also comes with a 4 cylinder that our members love for everyday use.

Reply 2 : Pictures of base model



I can't really send you pictures but I have the base V6 and LOVE it. It's faster than ones with so many options because it is several hundred pounds lighter. I get a consistent 26-27MPG at 65mph (at 7000 feet elevation which I think gives better gas milage) and the power and smoothness of the V6 is wonderful. I am so tired of four cylinder motors, no matter which, they all eventually develop an annoying primary vibration drone, especially for prolonged highway trips that just makes me crazy and very fatigued after a while. The base model is better than the upscale models for the following reason: no stupid unremovable console between the front seats, so when I'm stopped I can walk directly to the back without getting out (I'm male and tall BTW). What it lacks however is:



1. Stupid switch to turn off the interior lights when door is open... but I'm working on this, all I have to do is find the correct wire and put a switch in it.



2. Radio steering wheel controls I miss A LOT!



3. Easy way to put a roof rack on... though this probably helps me get the fantastic milage I'm getting and I've never used a roof rack in all my life... I just like the idea of one I guess



4. beautiful lack of power motors everywhere, like in seats, doors, etc means they aren't there to break. all electrics eventually fail and the less of them I have the happier I am... this also gives great weight savings.



5. No fog lights. I'll put aftermarket ones on someday.



6. No sun roof -- yet something else that will never leak or break.



7. No tinted back windows. I wish it had them, I have aftermarket tint that looks perfect, but I still prefer true factory tinting because is slightly more clear to look through.



8. No pockets on the back of the front seats (think airline magazine holders). Whatever I never use them anyway.



Overall I can't say enough about how much I LOVE this van, but most of all because of the V6, just a jewel of a powerplant. It is a great pleasure to drive every moment; overall I like driving it more than my Civic Si which is an absolute blast, but really screaming around corners at 8200rpm doesn't happen that often in everyday life, and nothing tops a Sienna in everyday life. Even without 1-8 above, the complete package is still very quiet, smooth, powerful, comfortable, an absolute dream in every way. GO FOR THE V6!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment