Thursday, March 17, 2011

Dashboard (speed,rpm,fuel,heat) not working



Hi All,

I have a 2000 Avalon XLS and Last night I couldn't remote unlock or start the car. Then when I checked the battery one of the terminals has become loose. So I tightened it a bit and was able to start the car.

Now I can start the car and drive as usual, but none of the gauges (RPM, speedometer, engine heat and fuel) in the dashboard are working.

I bought a new battery in Augest 2008. So I suspect it might be a burnt fuse.

When I check the manual at the chiltonlibrary.com it looks like there are multiple fuse boxes in the car. Can anyone tell me which fuse box and what fuse I should be looking at?



If you think it's not a fuse I would like to hear your opinion too.



Thanks

Reply 1 : Dashboard (speed,rpm,fuel,heat) not working



I would suspect a fuse, and that's the best place to start troubleshooting. Your Avalon has three locations for the fuses, two located in the engine compartment and one located underneath a removable panel just below your mirror adjustment controls above your left leg. The fuses that relate to your instrument panel and such are located there. Refer to your owners manual for more details.

Reply 2 : Dashboard (speed,rpm,fuel,heat) not working



Thanks for the reply.

I checked the fuse number 39 'Panel 5A' (Gauges and meters) and it's not burnt. Anyway just to be sure I switched it with the fuse located in #50 Opener 5A. Still no luck.



What else could be wrong?

Reply 3 : Dashboard (speed,rpm,fuel,heat) not working



I tried the solution recommended here and it worked.

http://www.justanswer.com/toyota/3x4...lon-fuses.html



just wanted to post it here for anyone else who's having trouble.

Disconnected the battery (with the key off the ignition) and reconnected it after 15-20mins and that solved the problem.



here's the answer quoted from the other thread




Quote:







what i would try here is DISCONNECT the battery from the car with the key out of it for like 10-15 minutes then reconnet and retest. There is a small ecu that controls the display and this can go haywire when messing with the battery especially if the key is left in the car. I have resolved many avalon and camry display issues with a simple battery disconnect



No comments:

Post a Comment